Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Six-pack starts in the kitchen

Everyone how knows me knows how much I love cooking. It is something that I really enjoy to do, especially when I cook for someone else. I love trying new recipes, create my own or alternate some of the well known. For that it is only natural to me that part of this blog must be sharing some of the yummy stuff I cook. Because it is fitness blog the recipes will be healthy foods mainly. But who knows, maybe every now and then I will post some of my sweet treats as well. Everyone deserves a treat every once in a while right? So if you are a fan o cooking or just feel like trying something new you are at the right place here.  :)



Broccoli and cashew salad

This is probably my most favourite salad lately. I had it today and can’t wait to have it again. It is a bit unusual version of broccoli dish but I found it very tasty and super-easy to prepare. For me this is ideal dish on its own on those low calorie days but I always make sure to eat some protein before or after this dish as this salad is very low on protein. So I just have some eggs or cottage cheese and I’m good.

You will need:
2 heads of fresh broccoli – florets only, 1 small red bell pepper, 1 small green bell pepper, 1 small yellow bell pepper, ½ red onion, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, Pecorino Romano or Gouda cheese (your choice), cashew, raisins (optional), salt, black pepper

Clean and cut the bell peppers and onion into small cubes, add salt, fresh black pepper, cashew and if you wish raisins.



Steam the broccoli until al dente (make sure it stays crunchy). I prefer steaming my vegetables so they keep their vitamins better than when cooked.



Once the broccoli is done let it cool for couple of minutes and then mix together with the rest of the veggies, mayo and finally some grinds of cheese over the top. I don’t use to much of mayonnaise, only little for the taste. Voila!


Have a fit day!

No comments:

Post a Comment